Using a vaporizer to consume cannabis is said to be a more healthy way to partake
Marijuana vaporization involves breathing in steam (vapor) instead of smoke. A marijuana vaporizer machine heats the drug up to about 350 – 400 F. This releases the psychoactive element (THC), which evaporate and can then be inhaled.
Vapor is heated in the lower chamber. The hot vapor rises through the filling chamber, taking with it the THC. The air moves into the top chamber and through the mouthpiece into the balloon. Inside the balloon the vapor cools quickly and should be inhaled as soon as the balloon fills to maximize the speed and effect of the THC.
Vaporizers usually take anywhere from about 1 – 5 minutes to heat the air, although there are digital vaporizers, which heat the air or CO2 cannabis oil instantly if you don’t like waiting.
Vaporizers come in a wide range of styles. It is worth investing is a quality product to ensure safety and quality. Some of the most popular styles include volcano vaporizers, herbal vaporizers and portable vaporizers.
Most Vaporizers are able to hold about 1 – 5 grams of ground marijuana. That should be a sufficient amount to last 1 day.
The machines are built on much the same principle as Italian coffee machines. They comprise a lower chamber, filling chamber, upper chamber, mouthpiece, and balloon.
Flavors can be added to the ground marijuana in the filling chamber to improve the taste of the air. Like marijuana edibles, some flavors that are known to be successful are mint, coffee, and cinnamon.
Some machines also provide you with details of the process so you can check you are making the most of your vaporizer.
Vaporizing machines can range from $45 – $600. As with any appliance, it is best to consider the length of time you intend you use the product before you buy. Obviously cheaper products will not have the lifespan that $600 will have. Also, the most expensive machines just look better than cheaper machines. It’s best to stick to a price around $250 – $350 for a quality product.
How to Vaporize
1. Pack the filling chamber loosely with about 5 grams finely ground marijuana.
2. Make sure the chambers are all tightly screwed together.
3. Turn the vaporizer on. Check the instructions that come with your vaporizer to see what temperature you should set the vaporizer at.
4. When the temperature reaches the vaporization point, inhale slowly. For Volcano users, attach the mouthpiece and balloon and continue.
5. Wait for the hot air to transfer into the balloon. You will notice the balloon swelling as the air enters it.
6. When the balloon is sufficiently pumped, detach the balloon and inhale the smoke.
7. Inhale slowly, remember you are not smoking the air, but rather breathing it.
It is crucial not to heat the marijuana above 390 F, as the substance combusts at this point and burns.
Make sure to finely grind the bud. If the bud is finely ground the marijuana will be able to let more hot air pass into the filling chamber.
Do not overfill the chamber but do pack it well and snugly.